Northern Cities Shift in the movies

Matthew Gordon gordonmj at MISSOURI.EDU
Fri Aug 18 20:37:49 UTC 2006

I hope you got some useful replies to this offlist.

A couple of actors come to mind:

Dennis Farina, who's currently on Law and Order and has done some movies, is
a fairly shifty Chicagoan (at least for the low vowels in the NCS).
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001199/

Robert Forster, who was in Jackie Brown a number of years back and in other
stuff since, is also fairly shifty and IMDB tells me he's from Rochester NY
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001233/