Eggcorn or typo: largesse/largeness

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Aug 20 13:46:58 UTC 2006

By the mayor of New Bedford, Scott W. Lang, a critic of a proposal to
put wind turbines in Buzzards Bay, as quoted in the Boston Globe:

"I can't imagine that the report completely eliminated the idea that
wind power might have some practical purpose down in our area.  But
if you saw the largesse of this proposal, well, I haven't met too
many people who looked at it and said it made any sens4e in the area
we're talking about."

I presume Lang meant that the developer would be giving the power to
the people without charge.

Joel