The not-so-slow death of truthiness?

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Mon Aug 28 18:37:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2006, at 10:47 AM, Fred Shapiro wrote:
>
>> For the benefit of truthimetricians, here are the month-by-month
>> figures
>> for _truthiness_ hits in LexisNexis:...
>
> i just wanted to see the word "truthimetrician" again.

Actually, the truthimetric community is split between those who call
themselves truthimetricians and those calling themselves truthimetricists.

NOTE TO JESSE:  I hereby claim coinage for truthimetric, truthimetrician,
and truthimetricist.  What the hell, also the adverb "truthimetrically"
and, of course, the name of the discipline itself: truthimetrics.
I will not, however, coin the highly unaesthetic verb "to
truthimetricize."

Fred Shapiro

Associate Librarian for Collections and     YALE BOOK OF QUOTATIONS