"Goodfellas," the book and the movie

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 28 21:47:39 UTC 2006

Re "goodfella(s)" itself, that's what I would have expected. But I've
long since learned not to assume that a word or a phrase is not in
HDAS simply because said word or phrase is new to me. However, that a
nineteenth-century career criminal would describe himself as a "good
fellow" struck me a something that might be of interest, historically.
But, perhaps not. :-(

-Wilson

On 8/28/06, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: "Goodfellas," the book and the movie
>
> The only exx. I've seen of "goodfellas" have been suggested by the title of the book and movie.
>
>   JL
>
> Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

-Wilson
––