"in love at first sight with"

Tue Aug 29 13:00:08 UTC 2006

"She fell in love with at first sight Aaron Spelling."
sounds not only unintuitive but very, very strange,
convoluted, and confusing.  "Aaron Spelling, she fell
in love with at first sight." is tolerable.

Separating the object from the preposition is what
sounds unintuitive, bizarre.

"She fell in 'love at first sight' with Aaron
Spelling" is only slightly better.

How about "She fell in love with Aaron Spelling at
first sight", or "At first sight, she fell in love
with Aaron Spelling."?

http://mail.yahoo.com