My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos (planet mnemonic)

Lynne Murphy m.l.murphy at SUSSEX.AC.UK
Wed Aug 30 23:14:49 UTC 2006

Well, if you get me started on mnemonics, you will live to regret it.

BETSY'S FEET = all the letters one can put after KA to make three-letter
words in North American Scrabble.

MISTY YEW = the additional letters one can put after KA to make
three-letter words in international Scrabble.

etc.
etc.
etc.

Lynne, the intercontinental Scrabble player

--On Wednesday, August 30, 2006 4:02 pm -0700 Brenda Lester
<alphatwin2002 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally
>   for order of operations in algebra.
>

> Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU> wrote:
>   At 2:50 PM -0400 8/30/06, Alice Faber wrote:
>> Baker, John wrote:
>>> I have no trouble with Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Asteroid
>>> Belt, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and (formerly) Pluto, but I can
>>> never remember the mnemonics. Is this unusual?
>>>
>> My entire mnemonic mnemory space is filled with ROYGBIV.
>> --
> Ah, but you have to leave roomn (maybe by loosening that asteroid
> belt) for Every Good Boy Deserves Fun (or Favour).
>
> LH

> Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great
> rates starting at 1¢/min.

Dr M Lynne Murphy
Senior Lecturer in Linguistics and English Language
Arts B133
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QN

phone: +44-(0)1273-678844