"horlle" in 1651?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Aug 31 17:25:24 UTC 2006

A horlle of another color.  In the definitive source (although
secondary, to the manuscripts, I suppose), Nathaniel Shurtleff's
"Records of the Governor and Company of the Massachusetts Bay in New
England", Vol 4, Part 1 (1650-1660), page 61, we find:

"weare silke or tiffany hoodes [not "horlles"] or scarfes"

Just another disappointment.

Joel