Saving the World (was online accent quiz)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Dec 4 02:33:38 UTC 2006

At 1:11 AM +0000 12/4/06, Tom Zurinskas wrote:

>I have published books analyzing the English language in a way no others
>have done.

That I can well believe.

>  Truespel Book 4 analyzes 15.4 millioin word instances to show
>how our letters work and how our phonemes are spelled in USA English.  It
>uses truespel, a new pronunciation guide spelling/writing system.  I believe
>that teaching truespel as a phonetics first system to k-1 learners will help
>them learn to read and reduce crime (crime data were provided in a previoius
>email).

And very convincing they were too.

>  IBM's Writing to Read has shown that a phonetics first system
>allows kids to write and read way ahead of pears, and transition to tradspel
>is no problem

Well, now I'm finally hooked.  If only we could get all our children
could write and read as well as pears (especially those famous
Bartletts)...

LH