saving the world

Alan Knutson boris at TERRACOM.NET
Tue Dec 5 00:03:51 UTC 2006

Being one of the lurkers out there, although not a professional
linguist, I have sat through many many hours of college level classes
and seminars (with have many fond memories of those hours). Personally I
have just hit the delete button whenever a topic has gone overboard or
become inappropriate.  To paraphrase a cliché we have to be careful that
the cure is not worse than what is being treated. One other comment,
please this is only an observation not an attack in general I agree with
the criticism of the linguistics, it seems that not being a linguistic
prescriptivist does not preclude one being a prescriptivist elsewhere.
:)

Keep the list open and ignore what you dislike, the delete button is
only a pinky finger away.

Alan Knutson
Madison, WI

12/4/2006 7:18 AM