And hear another...

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 6 02:39:20 UTC 2006

Don't ban me.  This one  - a true ululation - was recorded in 1938 at Gettysburg by some really tough old birds. Unfortunately, their reconstruction lacks high seriousness:

  http://www.stonewallbrigade.com/rebel_yell.wav

  The United Daughters of the Confederacy, Texas division, voted in 1915 to make a recording of their elderly relatives whooping and yelling for posterity.  Whether the recording was in fact made, or is accessible today, I don't know.

  JL