BRITNEY PANTYGATE! PHUN! E-SENSE ! HUMEAN BEINGS!

hpst@earthlink.net hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Dec 8 13:35:51 UTC 2006

Or as the old professorial  gag used to go: Ladies, please cross your legs.
Now that the gates to hell are closed I will proceed with my lecture.

The only time I had any problem with this was back in the 1960s when micro
mini skirts were in fashion and I was lecturing to a class whose members
sat in tiered rows above me, and it was distracting although I never used
the gag because I enjoyed the view.

Page Stephens

> > Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> > Poster:       Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU>
> > Subject:      Re: BRITNEY PANTYGATE! PHUN! E-SENSE ! HUMEAN BEINGS!

---

> > That's funny:  "pantygate" would more accurately be "NOpantygate"!
> > --Charlie

scandal that some are calling Pantygate.

> > >  This "-gate" is unusual for being applied to a noncriminal act by a
nonpolitical (yeah, I know: evrybody's "political") individual.