Shade tree mechanic (1942)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Dec 9 03:00:17 UTC 2006

I just returned from a Dallas Morning News search. I found a nice "Soup of
the Devil" in a Frank X. Tolbert column, but still no Will Rogers "Bowl of
Blessedness."
I found the below on a search for "shade tree," but it didn't come up  on a
search for "shade tree mechanics."
27 July 1942, Dallas Morning News, section two, pg. 2:
If the fee for joining a union were $2.50 we would be treated to the
spectacle of a lot of shade tree mechanics messing up a lot of good material for  the
government and the construction program of defense plans would be far behind
the present schedules.