TV Words

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Mon Dec 11 18:29:01 UTC 2006

I believe the "TV words" of interest in this conversation a few days ago were mostly spoken (and thence popularized) by fictional characters on television shows.  But "non-fiction" TV has also contributed to the general lexicon, either coining or popularizing words.

I'm thinking of "bridezilla," which I have heard several times recently in reference to specific young women who were in the (cantankerous) process of getting hitched; a graduate student of mine even referred to herself by that appellation.  I expect there are other suffixed "-zilla" words?

--Charlie