TV Words

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 11 19:30:07 UTC 2006

"Chinchillazilla" gets a couple of thousand hits, but not "thrilladillazilla."

  JL

Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Jonathan Lighter
Subject: Re: TV Words

I heard one yesterday on the news but stupidly ignored it. Momzilla? Dadzilla?

I thought I'd just invented those, but suddenly there are 15,000 RG's for one and nearly 10,000 for the other ! Parentzilla ? A mere 40. Bushzilla ? Over 1,000.

There's also Britzilla, bratzilla, Cheneyzilla, Kerryzilla, Hil(l)aryzilla, Hitlerzilla, Jesuszilla, Satanzilla, Crunkzilla, Weedzilla, Crackazilla, Geekazilla, Freakazilla, Vanillazilla, chillazilla, thrillazilla, Manilazilla, Billazilla, Fillazilla, Jillazilla, Killazilla....

No Tombombadillazilla though.

Most frightening ?

Gorillazilla.

Best in class ?