Mispronunciation

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Tue Dec 12 22:46:51 UTC 2006

As far as I know, there isn't actaully a journal called _The Annals of Proctology_; otherwise I would have submitted my article THERE.  (I just googled the phrase "annals of proctology" and got 7 hits; one was my article, and the others entailed lesser wits' joking with the phrase.)

As I explained in the aforementioned article, the rat episode in _1984_ represents an "upward displacement" (in psychobabblese) of the famous case of Sigmoid Freud's "Rat Man."

--Charlie