Nobody's Perfect Dept.

Mon Dec 18 20:48:35 UTC 2006

... except Mr. Zurinskas, of course, who, teaching grandma when and when not
to suck* eggs, wrote:

* (Oh dear, will that word offend him?)

>Lighter,
>
>Knock off the gratuitous vulgarity.  It demeans us all.  It's almost
>bullyish
>Tom Zurinskas, USA - CT20, TN3, NJ33, FL4+

The Sage Hen replied:

"Bullyish"?  Um, would that be anything like the rather hectoring tone of
posts which instruct us in the true sounds of AE and the one & only correct
way of hearing, saying and spelling our common language (not to mention
what definitions & forms  the elements of our vocabulary are allowed to
take)?

Just out of curiosity, do you feel that good manners permits you or anyone
to tell others to mind their manners?

<<<

I move that the list administrator blacklist Mr. Z. Whether by intention or
not, he has proved himself to be destructive and distractive on this list
without providing anything of value. If we've never done anything like this
before, well, he's one helluva precedent.

m a m