Judas H. Priest

Tue Dec 19 15:48:52 UTC 2006

I was watching Sunset Boulevard the other night, and the subject phrase
popped out of Jack Webb.  I believe Barry Popik has pushed this back to
the 1800's, so this isn't an antedating, but it was sort of incongruous.
My mental image of Webb is Joe Friday, who is one squared-away dude.
But Webb does have a background in Jazz (he was married to Julie London
for  a while), so maybe his character in SB is more true to life.