Pronouncing Wisconsin

Scot LaFaive spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 21 17:37:19 UTC 2006

I've noticed lately that many commercials played in Wisconsin seem to have
people clearly pronouncing the /k/ sound in the second syllable, and it
sounds odd to me. From what I gather from 31 years in Wisconsin, it seems
that natives generally don't clearly pronounce the /k/; I think we tend to
voice it as /g/, but I may be wrong in my analysis (my ears don't
distinguish so well, the lazy fools). Just curious if anyone else has
noticed this or can confirm or correct me.

Scot

Experience the magic of the holidays. Talk to Santa on Messenger.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/santabot/default.aspx?locale=en-us