ghoti

Barbara Need nee1 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Dec 21 22:09:16 UTC 2006

In sheer frustration over the people who can't spell my last name
(Need), I once figured out that there were 672 ways to spell
(according to spelling rules of English). With one cheat, my favorite
is <Gneighbde>: gn-gnu, eigh-Leigh, bd (the cheat, since I believe it
happens in one word, word initially)-bdellium, silent e. Of course,
there are three actual words in all of that!

Barbara

Barbara Need
UChicago