99.44% pure

Alison Murie sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Sun Dec 24 00:12:02 UTC 2006

>Allison,
>
>My friend James "The Amazing" Randi once asked a chemist about the claim on
>a homeopathic remedy what x% pure meant.
>
>His friend replied that it meant that if you had a ball of pure water which
>extended from the sun to as I recall the orbit of Jupiter only one molecule
>of any other substance could exist.
>
>I've done some of the math on this, and Randi's friend was totally correct.
>
>Bullshit is bullshit and if you look at the labels on some homeopathic
>remedies their claims are physically impossible.
>
>Page Stephens
 ~~~~~~~~
That's the whole point isn't it?  These  degrees of "purity" being
unobtainable, there's no way of proving that  any particular homeopathic
remedy either is or isn't efficacious. (Or, for that matter, that some
undetectably low level of an unintended contaminant might equally have been
responsible for whatever the outcome!)
For general flummery, smoke & mirrors ain't in it!
AM