Antedatings in the Yale Book of Quotations -- 27: Misunderestimate

Thu Dec 28 00:14:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Benjamin Zimmer wrote:

> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.2600/msg/0fc3f6b07ef6bc55
> alt.2600, Jan 31, 1996
> You have misunderestimated the real power of this newsgroup.

Also, on Google Book Search there's a cite from a 1980 Congressional
hearing transcript. Of course we can't see the whole thing since it's
in that annoying snippet view, but it starts off like this...

"And I think after Three Mile Island, not only does the NRC itself
understand that it sadly misunderestimated the number of ways in ..."
_Accident at the Three Mile Island Nuclear Powerplant_ House Committee
on Interior and Insular Affairs, Subcommittee on Energy and the
Environment. US GPO, 1980, p. 47.
http://books.google.com/books?id=3XeSuPlj4H0C&vid=OCLC05223951

--Ben Zimmer