Great Web Site, Barry!

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sun Dec 31 17:14:01 UTC 2006

I'll assign Barry's website as required reading for my etymology class this spring.  Fred is right, the website is a remarkable achievement.

Gerald Cohen

________________________________

From: American Dialect Society on behalf of Fred Shapiro
Sent: Sun 12/31/2006 10:04 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Great Web Site, Barry!

I've just been going through recent entries on barrypopik.com, looking for
improvements Barry has made on entries in The Yale Book of Quotations (of
which there are several).  I am struck by how great a web site this is, in
terms of wonderful scholarly discoveries, highly entertaining and thorough
coverage of New Yorkana and Texasana, and excellent production by Grant
Barrett.

Fred Shapiro