"tinfoil hat brigade"

Thu Feb 2 14:39:34 UTC 2006

My late father-in-law told of shipmates who, just
after WWII, would line their scivies with lead foil,
recovered from cigarette packs, to protect their
future reproductive rights from the effects of atomic
fallout.  I don't know if cigarettes packs actually
contained lead foil back in those days or if anyone
actually did the asserted lining, but it always made a
good story.

http://mail.yahoo.com