Olympic-y

Sun Feb 12 21:01:40 UTC 2006

At his news conference after winning the gold medal for men's
snowboarding, Shaun White displayed the usual array of
surfer/skater/snowboarder slang ("gnarly", "stoked", "pumped",
"amped"). And observers of the Buffyesque productive suffix "-y"
should appreciate his use of "Olympic-y":

-----
"I wasn't thinking straight," White told Finch before jumping on a
chair lift for his second qualifying run. "I got all Olympic-y. I got
that out of the way."
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino2006/snowboarding/news?slug=bw-white021206
-----

--Ben Zimmer