Olympic-y

Sun Feb 12 23:05:33 UTC 2006

On 2/12/06, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC <Bill.Mullins at us.army.mil> wrote:

> > And observers of the Buffyesque productive suffix "-y"
> >should appreciate his use of "Olympic-y":
> >
> > "I got all Olympic-y."
>
> Is the total construction "all [noun]-y"?  I hear "all" used this way a =
> bunch.  But I'm not a Buffy fan, so I don't know if that's the origin.

Michael Adams can weigh in on that, but I see that other news reports
give slightly different versions of White's remark:

http://www.denverpost.com/olympics/ci_3502431
"I'm feeling all Olympic-y," White quipped between qualifying runs.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/12/sports/olysnowboard.php
Standing at the base of the mountain, he said that he felt "all weird
and Olympic-y."

--Ben Zimmer