"Just because you're paranoid..." (1974)

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Thu Feb 16 02:04:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> I'm watching a crappy Lifetime movie (I know, aren't they all?) and the
> classic "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
> came up. What does Fred have?

I have this as "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't
Humorous Quotations,</i> records two earlier versions: "Because a person
has monomania she need not be wrong about her facts" (Dorothy L. Sayers,
<i>Murder Must Advertise</i> ch. 16 [1933]); and "Has it ever struck you
that when people get persecution mania, they usually have a good deal to
feel persecuted about?" (C. P. Snow, <i>The Affair</i> ch. 11 [1960]).

Fred Shapiro