CREAKYNESS

Sat Feb 18 18:15:04 UTC 2006

In a message dated 2/18/06 1:08:34 PM, preston at MSU.EDU writes:

> Becky Roeder gave a paper at a Michigan Lingusitics Society meeting
> of several years ago at Wayne State) in which she showed some
> correlation between creaky voice in young European American females
> and their advancement in the Northern Cities Shift.
>
> dInIs

Somebody needs to organize a creaky conference--or at least a creakyness
panel at the next ADS meeting. (I'm not talking about the sounds that aging
linguistics professors from the North Midlands, etc., make when they bend over--not
THAT Northern Cities Shift).

Maybe CREAKYNESS could be the WOTY for 2006.