Query: Any studies on Arabic Egyptian youth slang?

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sun Feb 19 03:15:02 UTC 2006

Dear members of the Slang discussion group (with a cc. to the American Dialect Society):

Today I received a request from a graduate student in Egypt who is studying Arabic Egyptian youth slang, and I've been asked if I know of any publications/websites/etc. on this subject.  Would anyone have any information on this topic or perhaps on Arabic youth slang in general?  I'm sending a bcc. to the student, so if I receive any responses (online or off), I'll send them on.  Meanwhile, I hope the new study eventually gets published.

Gerald Cohen
University of Missouri-Rolla