polyglot = (non-linguistic) mixture

Chris Waigl cwaigl at FREE.FR
Tue Jan 3 05:36:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 00:16:34 -0500, Laurence Horn typed:

> I seem to recall coming across a reference to it in recipes or
> restaurant reviews, so I googled "polyglot of ingredients" and got
> exactly one hit:
>
> the cap of the day was the soup, that polyglot of ingredients,
> simply cooked and
> yet totally sublime in its experience.

Here's another mouth-watering cite:

----
There's something about the nature of Indian food, with its polyglot
of spices, sauces, vegetables and broken-down bits of meat, that is
wholly conducive to the communal experience. It is meant to be passed
around.
<http://www.bestofneworleans.com/cuis/restreviews/nirvana.html>
----

Chris Waigl