Wife's eggcorn

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 3 20:10:12 UTC 2006

I don't know why it's taken me so long to flash on this as an eggcorn,
but, for years, I've been annoyed by hearing my wife say, when she's
stressed out:

"I feel like _Dog Chow_!"

"Dog Chow," is, of course, a registered trademark of the
Ralston-Purina Co.  of St. Louis, my beloved home town. What my wife
is reaching for is, "I feel like dog _shit_!" But what elderly
gentleman wants to hear the language of a common night walker from the
lips of his dear wife? So, I've not tried to correct her. (Probably
not a smoove[sic] move, in any case!)

-Wilson Gray