Claim for origin of "Cruisazy"

Fri Jan 13 15:01:54 UTC 2006

Good grief... See what Colbert has done? Now everybody wants to get credit!

Since I was the one who nominated "Cruisazy", let me just point out
that back in July I dutifully noted MissWit's creation of the term as
reported by Page Six:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0507b&L=ads-l&P=30394

And IIRC during the nominating session I mentioned that the term had
appeared on designer T-shirts worn by celebrities.

Now who's responsible for "jump the couch"?

--Ben Zimmer