garbled: will this help?

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Sun Jan 15 16:09:45 UTC 2006

Here is a message from Wilson that came in here / en clair/ labeled
"Re: Hawaiianisms righteous" 1/14/06  6:54 [EST]

"I'm only too familiar with Salisbury steak, that staple of school cafeterias
and Army mess halls. So, that's what "hamburg(er) steak" is. FWIW, I've
heard that the legendary mess-hall dish, "S.O.S." or "shit on a shingle" was
creamed sliced beef over toast. In my day, it was hamburger - not in patty
form, but "loose," whatever the term for that is -  over toast and covered
with a sauce laughingly referred to as "cream." IMO, it wasn't nearly as bad
as I'd heard that it was. Also FWIW, the *only* foodstuff served at *every*
meal, three times a day, was potatoes.
"-Wilson"

AM
(this machine is an old Mac quadra, armed with an early version [3.13] Eudora.)