nutso, adj.

Sun Jan 15 23:23:54 UTC 2006

nutso, adj. 'nuts' (OED3 1979 -- n. from 1975)

1973 M. Saunders _Phonograph Rec._ (Electronic ed.) Apr., You may
think I've gone nutso, but I don't care; Yoko has gotta be one of the
new talents of the year, and hands down the finest female rock 'n'
roller since the Shangri-Las.
<http://www.rocksbackpages.com/article.html?ArticleID=5091>

1975 Harlan Ellison _The Other Glass Teat_ 7 I will keep you apprised
of what daymares flit across my screen; if I have to be miserable so
do you. We can go nutso together.
<http://books.google.com/books?id=7N4VEYRBybUC&q=nutso>
[Google Book Search only has this in "Snippet View", so the date may
be earlier. The essays in the book date from 1970-1972:
<http://www.islets.net/essays/otherteat.html>]

--Ben Zimmer