Garbled messages

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Jan 16 15:40:37 UTC 2006

The reason I experimented was that John's message did not, I think,
say explicitly that he had tried test messages *in plain text*, only
that he had tried messages in rich text with and without URLs.

I note that it's not merely the presence of HTML that bothers my
email program (Eudora).  It presents styled messages clearly.  (Test:
sending one to myself.)  Rather, it seems to be the base-64 encoding
that Eudora does not decode.  However, styled messages will (I think)
be difficult to read in a digest.

Joel