Dating of "Angels on Horseback"

Chris Waigl cwaigl at FREE.FR
Mon Jan 16 20:51:19 UTC 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:46:38 -0500, Michael McKernan typed:

> Not having access to OED or any other reasonable sources, I humbly
> request assistance in dating "Angels on Horseback" (oysters wrapped
> in bacon and grilled or broiled, usually served on toast or
> half-shell.  May also refer to other ingredient than oysters--e.g.,
> water chestnuts, hot dogs, etc.).

This is just to point out, for those of us who are OED-deprived, that
until the first week of February, the online OED is freely accessible
every week for 48h starting every Monday at 10 p.m. GMT. In-between,
words starting with certain letters can be looked up (currently, P
and M).

More here: <http://oed.com/bbcwords/>

Chris Waigl