"OK" Chef symbol (Chicago Tribune, June 3, 1917)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jan 17 19:36:57 UTC 2006

I was just cleaning this place up, throwing out most of my work on food,
when I came across this item.
An ad in the June 3, 1917 Chicago Tribune, page 2, for Yacht Club Salad
Dressing by Tildesley & Co., 350 N. Clark St., Chicago.
A person called "The Chef" is making the "OK" sign, so familiarly seen on
pizza boxes 50 years later.
Check in out if you subscribe to ProQuest Historical Newspapers. This is  the
earliest I've seen for this, about 20 years before Ballentine's "three ring
handy" ads.