"cross-language homophonic poetry" -- or something

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Jan 19 15:30:01 UTC 2006

But still, JL, do you agree that "macaronic" is not the right answer
for the original question:
>There's been a conversation on our family list about _Mots
>D'Heures: Gousses, Rames: The D'Antin Manuscript_, by Luis
>D'Antin Van Rooten (no false impressions: we usually gossip and
>discuss the weather), who produces poems that look like French
>but sound like English (that is, when read aloud they make sense
>as English sounds).
which refers to words sounding alike, but meaningless in the other
language?  (But your cowboy song examples do fit.)

Joel