M-W and "fantabulous"

Joanne M. Despres jdespres at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Thu Jan 19 15:42:17 UTC 2006

The newsletter writer is basing her research on C11.  She doesn't
have access to newspaperarchive or ProQuest, nor is it her job to
do original dating research for us.  She works for NPR in upstate
New York and writes our "Word for the Wise" pieces.

I'll offer her some extra help if you really think she's that far off the
mark.  But you might want to keep in mind that most first
occurrences are provisional anyway, until something newer and
earlier turns up.

Joanne