Frank Rich on truthiness

Sun Jan 22 16:54:49 UTC 2006

Frank Rich's Sunday op-ed piece is all about truthiness...

-----
http://select.nytimes.com/2006/01/22/opinion/22rich.html
Truthiness 101: From Frey to Alito By FRANK RICH
Published: January 22, 2006
The country is living in a permanent state of suspension of disbelief.
-----

That requires subscribing to "Times Select," but as usual it's pretty
easy to find the text by doing a blog search...

http://nevadathunder.com/?p=1090

Rich writes: "The mock Comedy Central pundit Stephen Colbert's
slinging of the word 'truthiness' caught on instantaneously last year
precisely because we live in the age of truthiness." Hmmm, well I
don't know about *instantaneously*. Seems like it got popular only
about two weeks ago. I wonder why that was? Rich doesn't say.

--Ben Zimmer