NPR's "On Words"

Tom Vincent tomrvincent at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 25 22:11:06 UTC 2006

I thought folks would be interested to know that NPRs old "On Words" segments are now available as 'pod-casts' (aka MP3 files).

  NPR: On Words with John Ciardi [NPR]  Ever wondered where this word or that phrase comes from? The late poet laureate John Ciardi uncovers historical interpretations in this series from the Morning Edition archives. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4986368

  http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_detail.php?siteId=4985915

Tom Vincent

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - Franklin Roosevelt