incent : a big SOTA

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Fri Jan 27 14:38:36 UTC 2006

JL,

It's very interesting to me that you associate the use of items you
disapprove of (and which reflect natural linguistic processes) with a
lack of sobriety. Perhaps you would like to offer a drug-and-alcohol
(or ludic?) theory of linguistic change.

dInIs

Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor
Department of English