Re: Truthiness will not die

Sat Jan 28 02:41:30 UTC 2006

In a message dated 1/27/06 12:06:52 PM, bgzimmer at BABEL.LING.UPENN.EDU writes
(quoting someone else):

> Truthiness is "What I say is right, and [nothing] anyone else says
> could possibly be true." It's not only that I feel it to be true, but
> that I feel it to be true.

AND

In a message dated 1/27/06 4:05:12 PM, wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM writes:

"Oprah strikes a blow for truthiness" ?

  Isn't that a stupidism for "Oprah strikes a blow *against* truthiness" ?

  JL

So the definition of "truthiness" is morphing in various directions--another
sign of a passing fad.