OT: language awareness, linguistics, and freshman comp.

Patti Kurtz tb5fab at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 30 20:34:04 UTC 2006

Amy and Jed and all:

I use a writing assignment that asks freshmen to describe their dialect and
to think about how their way of speaking marks them as members of a
community or group.  I use Wendy Bishop's On Writing, which has a section on
language.  But a good reader is also Language Awareness by Escholtz, Rosa
and Clark.

Patti Kurtz
MInot State University