"dude" in the Guardian

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Tue Jan 31 17:34:42 UTC 2006

I don't have the Fall 2004 issue of American Speech handy.  But Barry Popik and I had already done considerable research into the term "dude." The research was published in Comments on Etymology (a series of working papers which I edit), and will be compiled into a monograph as soon as time permits, probably two years.

Gerald Cohen