Loogie (1985)

Wed Jul 5 15:35:26 UTC 2006

In the film "Tombstone,"  Jonny Ringo (Michael Biehn) refers to Doc
Holliday (Val Kilmer), who has tuberculosis, as a "lunger".

OED has lunger: "One who is diseased or wounded in the lungs" back to
1893, so this is a slight anachronism (the film was set immediately
around the Gunfight at the OK Corral (10/26/1881).