White Party

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 19 19:11:44 UTC 2006

This D.R. resort is filled with Maxim models from several countries; it appears that they're doing a photo shoot. This Friday they're having a private "white party."
Is this term from NYC?
(GOOGLE NEWS)
White Party season is officially upon us, including a big do this weekend on the Detroit Princess riverboat.
White was a popular party theme in my college days. But Sean (P. Diddy) Combs really popularized the White Party concept in the late '90s by hosting an annual Labor Day bash at his estate in the high-toned Hamptons. Diddy's notorious parties were meant to send summer off in grand style, playing off the fashion maxim that you're not supposed to wear white after the end of that summer holiday.(In fashion circles, that's a dated rule, by the way.)
White fabric represents serenity, as Dave Bishop, president of ReignFall Media Group, once told me. Who's Bishop? He's the guy who puts on the city's best white parties, including the one this weekend.
"I'm attentive to my clientele's needs. They need a good, great party. You associate white with purity, wholeness. You associate the color with good times," Bishop says.