Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Jun 9 16:12:49 UTC 2006

I forgot to add the following.

>>    Are books like this called "gouges"?  I don't know where I dredged up
>>that term.
>The ex-navy guys (submariners) that I used to work with used that
>term in relation to on-board tech manuals that had been heavily
>annotated by previous owners/users.  The bonus (often highly useful)
>info was called "gouge."

The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org

More information about the Ads-l mailing list