FW: [SABR Info] Proquest and Heritage Quest Database Access

James Knight jlk at 3GECKOS.NET
Fri Jun 9 21:00:15 UTC 2006

They may have taken their from Ancestry.com (which Proquest acquired
recently); when Gale partnered with Ancestry to offer their genealogy
product through libraries, most librarians (and patrons) were
disheartened to learn that licensing agreements did not allow remote
users to access the product through their library subscription. The
rationale we got (through unofficial channels) was that it would
erode their primary revenue stream -- i.e., individual subscriptions,
like the one I once paid $12.95/mo for, and gave up because their
full text scans were about useless. -jk

At 11:20 AM 6/9/2006, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC wrote:
>Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>Poster:       "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
>Subject:      Re: FW: [SABR Info] Proquest and Heritage Quest Database Access

James Knight, MLIS
jlk at 3geckos.net
Friday Harbor, WA