"Truth, Justice and the American Way" cite?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 10 00:17:02 UTC 2006

I agree with Sam, except that I do remember it from 1951. This phrase
was once so well-known that it was subject to parodic use. At the
conclusion of the scene in which the Good Anglo and the Bad Anglo
unexpectedly cheat, joining forces to kill the Ugly Latino in what was
supposed to be a fair, every-man-for-himself shoot-out in the movie,
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, a member of the audience
sarcastically commented, "Another triumph for 'truth, justice, and the
American way'!" This was in 1966.

-Wilson