Old slang in new uses

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 12 18:46:36 UTC 2006

While browsing the Urban Dictionary,

<http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ass+master>

I came across an old friend: "ass master." The earliest UD cite dates
from 2003, in a gay context. However, I first heard this term in 1961.
A fellow GI was jokingly known as "The Ass Master of Heilbronn,"
because "Franzoesinchen," a k a "Frenchie," an habituée of a local
bierstube who was reputed to be a prostitute, made it clear that she
found him attractive.

The UD cite relevant to ths use is no.4, which dates from only 2005.

There are ca.111,000 Googlits. So few of them appear to have to do
with UD def.4 that, as a WAG, I think that the term has been or is
being re-invented and is not a direct descendant of the old GI term.

-Wilson Gray